The Canadian Council of Technicians and Technologists (CCTT) is pleased to offer a professional designation “IntETn(Canada)” to Engineering Technicians in accordance with the International Engineering Alliance (IEA). This designation is granted to those engineering technicians in Canada who meet the following criteria:
- applicants must be a Certified Engineering Technician in Canada (C.Tech)
- must have a minimum of five years practical work experience
- must agree to be bound by an international Code of Ethics
- must demonstrate professional development activities for the past 5 years
- Australia - Represented by Engineers Australia (EA) (2016)
- Canada - Represented by Canadian Council of Technicians and Technologists (CCTT) (2016)
- Ireland - Represented by Engineers Ireland (EI) (2016)
- New Zealand - Represented by Engineering New Zealand (EngNZ) (2016)
- South Africa - Represented by Engineering Council South Africa (ECSA) (2016)
- United Kingdom - Represented by Engineering Council United Kingdom (ECUK) (2016)
How much does it cost?
- Member of a CCTT Provincial Association (NB, NS, PEI, NL or MB): $40.00 *valid for two years
- Other Associations: $80.00 *valid for two years
What happens after I apply?
Once your application has been approved by CCTT, you will receive a Letter of Authorization indicating that you have met the minimum requirements of an international engineering technician allowing you to use the designation “IntETn(Canada)” for a two year period. Your name will be placed on the CCTT International Register for verification by a participating country.