The Canadian Council of Technicians and Technologists (CCTT) is pleased to offer a professional designation “IntET(Canada)” to Engineering Technologists in accordance with the International Engineering Alliance (IEA). This designation is granted to those engineering technologists in Canada who meet the following criteria:
- applicants must be a Certified Engineering Technologist in Canada (CET, TP or PTech)
- must have a minimum of seven years practical work experience
- must have a minimum of two years in a management or supervisory role
- must agree to be bound by an international Code of Ethics
- must demonstrate professional development activities for the past 5 years
- Australia - Represented by Engineers Australia (EA) (2001)
- Canada - Represented by Canadian Council of Technicians and Technologists (CCTT) (2001)
- Chinese Taipei - Represented by Institute of Engineering Education Taiwan (IEET) (2014)
- Hong Kong China - Represented by Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE) (2001)
- Ireland - Represented by Engineers Ireland (EI) (2001)
- Korea - Represented by Accreditation Board for Engineering Education of Korea (ABEEK) (2013)
- New Zealand - Represented by Engineering New Zealand (EngNZ) (2001)
- South Africa - Represented by Engineering Council South Africa (ECSA) (2001)
- United Kingdom - Represented by Engineering Council United Kingdom (ECUK) (2001)
- United States - Represented by Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) (2009)
How much does it cost?
- Member of a CCTT Provincial Association (NB, NS, PEI, NL or MB): $40.00 *valid for two years
- Other Associations: $80.00 *valid for two years
What happens after I apply?
Once your application has been approved by CCTT, you will receive a Letter of Authorization indicating that you have met the minimum requirements of an international engineering technologist allowing you to use the designation “IntET(Canada)” for a two year period. Your name will be placed on the CCTT International Register for verification by a participating country.