Certified Technicians and Technologists

Printer-friendly version

While you do not need a license in Canada to practice as an Engineering Technician or Technologist, to be fully recognized by the industry you need to become certified.

Similar to certified Engineers who have the professional designation P.Eng (Professional Engineer), Canadian certified engineering technicians and technologists have following designations:

  • CET (Certified Engineering Technologist)
  • AScT (Applied Science Technologist)
  • RET (Registered Engineering Technologist)
  • TP (Technologue Professionnel)
  • PTech (Professional Technologist)
  • CTech (Certified Technician)

Professional designation depends on province of issue.