National Technology Week®
Are you an educator looking for ways of demonstrating rewarding careers for youths?
National Technology Week offers you the resources, contacts and support you need to help your students explore careers that make a difference.
Why get involved?
Isn't it amazing when we can open students' eyes to the possibilities of their future careers, as early as middle school! While there are more out of school activities for older students, national technology week is an exceptional opportunity for students in grades 7 and 8 to be introduced to the careers in science and technology in the classroom.
Whether it's an hour or a half-day - Your National Technology Week program can involve a wide range of activities, such as:
- A Presentation by a Technician or technologist
- An in-class experiment
- Participation in cool contest with great prizes
- An Internet Career fair - take the students on-line to explore their areas of interest
Check out the activities and downloads below and get your budding technicians and technologists started today!
ACTIVITIES AND DOWNLOADS
- Cool Contests
- Lesson Plan for Teachers - Paper Airplane Science Fair Project
- Profiles on the 14 Disciplines of Technicians and Technologists
- Order a Classroom Poster for National Technology Week
- Free Educational Resources for Educators at Environment Canada
- National Technology Week List of Events (coming soon)
- National Technology Week Presentation (coming soon)